PHEW! yeezus it’s been so long (4 months!) since i last posted here. i was approached with a violent awakening when godaddy called me a few days ago to tell me that my domain had expired. later that day i heard on the radio that someone was selling their domain name for thousands of dollars. i took that as a sign, and renewed the thing. i will now embark on a journey to make delightfulcrab worth millions! muahaha!!
but really, i have been receiving these incredible csa boxes and just have to share this recipe. it’s stellar. i thought i’d also share what i’ve been up do these past few months in hopes that you will forgive my absence. unfortunately (fortunately), nothing life changing has occurred.
whilst i was away, stone fruit happened, and so did this! check out the metallics on those angels! my fruit was really dirty so i soaked some of it… a few of them exploded in the pool.
our most recent trip was taken to the san juan islands in washington. it was here that we joyfully celebrated the birth of my grandpa and the independence of our country.
we did some boating, some sitting, some visiting – darren caught a fish with his hands. my grandpa sang to us most of the worlds national anthems, talked to us about politics, life, finances, jazz, mariachi music. the usual.
we also ate enough for me to hibernate for months. this was last meal material: fresh crab, caprese salad, arugula salad with radishes, fresh friday harbor bread. what you do not see is the incredible smoked salmon – which was gone before i could take a picture. holy hell. my grandma refuses to believe that she is an awesome cook, she is way wrong.
anyways, the reason why i am here: to share with you a go-to meal that suppresses all others.
lentil salad with lemon-rosemary vinaigrette
juice of 2 lemons (1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. whisk together, salt as you puhlease.
3 cups chopped carrots
2 shallots, cut lengthwise into thin wedges
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups brown lentils
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, crushed but left whole
sea salt and pepper
1. preheat oven to 425°f – add the carrots and shallots to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, toss, season with salt/pepper, spread into a single layer.
2. roast veggies until you see some browning – about 20 minutes.
3. meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the lentils, bay leaf, garlic, and 4 cups of water. bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
4. once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook at a gentle simmer until the lentils are almost tender – 12-15 minutes.
5. stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, recover and cook until tender – another 10 minutes.
6. drain the lentils in a colander and discard the bay leaf and garlic.
7. transfer lentils to a large salad bowl, add the carrots and shallots, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
8. serve warm.
a few extra goodies, if you feel like playing catch-up?
coachella happened – can’t wait for outside lands! who’s coming with? so obsessed with ms mr – to the point where i need to force myself to stop listening in fear of ruining it for myself.
a trip to the oceano dunes served a great time to take street-fighter photos.
we rented a house on russian river. a house with boats and tubes!
and went wine tasting ;) (pictures compliment of LT)
we went sailing..
we went camping on angel island in sf. something that i had to make a reservation for at midnight one lonely weeknight in the middle of january.
this was our view from the campsite. ridge spot 004. get at it.
yeah, we did a lot of stuff. i’ll stop there – this is exhausting. oh also, the dubs got pretty far (for them) in the playoffs – that was so so exciting. it also knocked me out of commission for like 3 weeks. worth it.
lastly, this video. how can i be this funny? i will strive.