this month we did a mediterranean theme for supperclub. we quickly realized this meant a large range of foods but, as always, the mix turned out to make a perfect meal. i only took a few pictures but here’s what we got.
lizzy’s lemon, garlic, ricotta bruschetta. kirsten’s shrimp fettuccine.
amanda’s spicy gazpacho over bread.
tatiana’s vegan pistachio tea cakes.
i made greek yogurt sorbet with strawberry granita and mint syrup.
1 cup hot water
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups sliced, hulled strawberries
1. stir first three ingredients until sugar has dissolved.
2. process the strawberries until smooth, then add the sugar mixture.
3. pour into a large 13×9″ baking pan, put into freezer for about 2 hours scraping the flakes away from the edges every 30 minutes.
1 1/2 cups fresh packed mint leaves, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1. in a saucepan, bring all ingredients to boil.
2. simmer undisturbed for 5 minutes.
3. pour through strainer, pressing hard at leaves to get all flavor out.
yogurt sorbet (without an ice cream maker)
3 extra large egg whites (raw eggs can have food born illnesses, to reduce risk use properly refrigerated eggs preferably grade a or aa)
2/3 cup sugar
3 cups greek yogurt
1. beat egg whites until frothy, add sugar, and continue beating until stiff peaks form – about 5 minutes.
2. in another bowl, whisk yogurt until smooth and fold in the egg whites.
3. transfer to a large pan or skillet that will fit in your freezer. leave in freezer for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.