hungry? eat this for a week. bah it’s so good. and easy. and perfect in every way.
one night, after a long day and the gym, i came home to this. darren is such an angel sometimes. i still can’t stop talking about how good it is. and healthy. it’s so simple and pure that i gave a couple tablespoons of leftovers to toshi. what dog can’t handle carrots, fennel, and onion? toshi. toshi can’t.
roasted carrot, fennel, and onion soup inspired by art and lemons
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 fennel bulb, chopped – save fronds for garnish
1.5 lbs carrots, chopped – make sure you chop each vegetable the same size so they cook at the same rate
6 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
pepper to taste
fennel frond or green onion for garnish
1. heat the oven to 425°f and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. roast vegetables for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
3. turn the broiler on and wait until the vegetables have just a bit of char on them.
4. add vegetables to a large pot with the stock, parsley, thyme, and salt and bring to a boil.
5. add the lemon juice and let the soup cool down.
6. blend the soup to a creamy consistency.
7. return to the pot to warm, and serve with garnish. i used green onion the second day i ate it.